Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day
First things first: Valentine’s Day isn’t just for significant others, it’s also the perfect excuse to show your friends how much you appreciate them! Before we get to the recipes and activities, let’s take a peek at some of the ways you can give the gift of love with MLMH.
Gifts for the special mom in your life
- A gift they’ll use everyday: Our Love One Another mug paired with a sample (or full size bag) of their favorite Surviving Motherhood Coffee or tea. Don’t know their favorite? Grab one of our new mystery samples, they ship free!
- A versatile floral mama tank: These can be layered with a cute cardigan, jean jacket or worn alone in the warmer months, truly a style you can wear all year.
- Want to show the love for more than a day? Give the gift of our Founder’s Favorite Subscription! Your Valentine will think of you every month that they enjoy their surprise coffee flavor. With options to gift 3, 6, or 12 months, it really is the gift that keeps on giving!
- The gift of mommy + me matching: A great gift idea is one that includes a mama and her littles. You can pair our Love More mama tee and our coordinating kids tee (available in red or blush print) for the perfect gift bundle! Also take a peek at our Mama, Babe, and Dude sets here.
- Cheers to your friendship: Our metallic wine glasses are available in gold, silver, and copper tones and they’re perfect for a glass of your favorite bubbly, iced coffee, or even ice cream!
Valentine’s Day fun for you and you crew
Whether you’re looking for a simple way to celebrate or want to go big with a Valentine’s Day spread, we put together some fun ways for you to celebrate with your loved ones this year!
Valentine’s Day Food Ideas
We thought these Heart Shaped Pancakes are an adorable way to start the day! This breakfast idea is sure to win over spouses and kids alike! The recipe is for pancakes made from scratch, however, you can easily use a boxed mix. Your secret will be safe with us. Once you top them with fresh fruit and Nutella no one will care if they’re made from scratch.
Gina and MLMH team member Rachel are both known for their super fun snack boards and themed treats, they’re a huge hit with the little ones! The best part about these is that they’re super easy to put together! The only supplies you need are a board or platter, some cookie cutters or themed treats and you’re off and running!
Tips for Valentine’s Day Treat Boards
- Add shapes: use pre-purchased heart shaped cookies, candies etc or a cookie cutter to add some festive shapes! You can cut deli meat, cheese, fruit and more with a simple shaped cookie cutter.
- All meals can be festive: don’t limit yourself! Whether you’re using a heart shaped waffle iron like Rachel or packing a festive lunch like Gina, all meals have the potential for fun!
- It doesn’t have to be homemade: one of our favorite things about these boards is how easy they are to compile. Stacking your kiddos favorite snack items (pretzels, chips, crackers) with some proteins and fruits or veggies is a simple way to let them graze.
- Pop in some fun: your whole board doesn’t have to be candy overload (unless you want it to be!) Adding in just one pop of something unexpected (like a fun candy or special new treat) is a fun way to make it feel extra special
- Get inspired: Pinterest is a fun resource to get inspired with festive snacks ideas!
Desserts and more!
Valentine’s Day is typically filled with alllllllll the candy, but if you’re looking for a fun activity with your crew, we rounded up some fun and festive favorites to try.
- Chocolate covered strawberries: supplies needed for this are simple and straightforward, strawberries, chocolate and the optional fun sprinkles!
- Kick it up a notch with this chocolate dipped strawberry heart recipe: the finished product will have everyone swooning!
- Marshmallow valentine’s bites: this recipe is a throwback to a little bit of sticky, sweet fun!
- Popcorn with a twist: this tutorial from one of our favorite bloggers is sure to please!
Valentine’s Day Activities
If you’re looking for something less-food based, we’ve got that too!
- Check out this post for a fun + free printable: Valentine’s Day Tic-Tac-Toe!
- Need a last minute Valentine to hand out? Print and pack these up this weekend!
- Share + spread the love with this idea from MLMH team member Rachel, while she made this a month-long activity it certainly is one you (or your kiddos) could do on Valentine’s Day!
For Moms Only
Ready to kick back after a weekend full of entertaining kiddos? Or maybe you’re hosting a fun Galentine’s Day dinner! Either way, we put together this post with some Galentine’s Day cocktails and mocktails – take a peek and treat yourself, mama!
As always, if you have any questions you’re welcome to shoot us an email at email@example.com. And if you’re not already, we’d love to have you join our community here!