On Sunday I shared an Instagram story that revealed that I’ve finally reached an age where the perfectly browned twice baked cauliflower makes me *swoon*, and it’s true! Many of you DM’d me asking for the recipe so instead of sending it to each of you I’d just write up a quick blog post. Because I already baked the dish, I don’t have any pictures of it in process, but to be honest, I prefer recipes posts with minimal pictures and text – just give me the recipe, lady!
Sundays have always been my meal prep days, but since I’ve been focusing more on cleaning up my diet I’ve been prepping food ahead of time more than ever. This twice baked cauliflower is a dish you can prep and portion out for the week, or swap it for potatoes for your next family dinner. This dish is low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly!
Pictured: Chaos + Love kitchen towel, shop it here.
I baked the dish pictured without any toppings, but some toppings I have used in the past are:
- or a combination of them!
Here’s what you need:
1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove core from cauliflower and cut into small pieces. In a salted pot of water, steam cauliflower in a medium pot until tender (not mushy!)
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar jack, 1/2 cup mozzarella and sour cream in a medium bowl.
- When cauliflower is just tender, rain into a colander and mash with a potato masher, leaving some chunks.
- Add mashed cauliflower to the cheese mixture, stir to combine and place into a baking dish (we used a pie plate for cutting into 8 servings but a 9×9 pan works well, too!)
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and desired toppings (if any) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.