Tis the season for all the holiday beverages, but we all know that with that comes a hefty price tag at the drive-thru! So, I’m here to help you save a few bucks and enjoy the taste of the season right in the comfort of your own home. This sugar cookie coffee syrup recipe has been a hit for over a year with our community members, so without further ado, let’s get straight to it!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a small pan over medium heat
- Whisk continuously until mixture starts to boil
- Reduce heat to low, add in chocolate chips and whisk until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat, let cool at least 10 minutes
- Pour cooled mixture into a mason jar and store in the fridge.
One of our community members, Angela, made this vegan style and while she used the same method for heating and storing, her ingredients differed just a bit. Here’s what she used:
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS earth’s best buttery spread
- 1/2 tsp salt
The great thing about this recipe is that you can truly use it as a jumping-off point and adjust and tweak it to make it your own just like our community member Angela did!
To enjoy it in your coffee, we recommend bringing your desired amount to room temp or heating it slightly in the microwave before adding it to your coffee. Some ways to enjoy it are:
- Sugar Cookie Cold Brew: Stir 1-3 TBS into your cold brew coffee and top with creamer of your choice
- Warm Cinnamon Cookie: Stir 1-3 TBS into your hot coffee and top with sweet cream and a few sprinkles of cinnamon sugar.
- Sugar Cookie Latte: Stir 1-3 TBS into your dairy of choice, froth it together until light and fluffy and pour over espresso or strong coffee.
Did you know we release a Sugar Cookie coffee every holiday season? That’s right! Head on over and take a peek at what flavors and roasts are available OR if you’re a coffee queen who’s ready to take that home brewing to the next level – our coffee club is for you! Each and every month we deliver a bag of fresh and locally roasted, small-batch coffee straight to your door in a brand-new flavor! Click here to read all about it, we’d love for you to ditch the drive-thru and join us!