December is here and it’s officially crunch time for moms across the globe. I think it’s safe to say even if someone did stop to ask us how we’re holding up this holiday season, we wouldn’t have time to stop and answer them! So whether you’re prepping to throw a Christmas Eve shindig, up at the crack of dawn to finish your shopping before the whole house wakes, or if you simply want a little something to sip on while you’re wrapping gifts at 11pm — this beverage guide is for you, mama!
Our community has come together to submit their favorite things to sip and survive on this season, and we’ve gone ahead and compiled them here for easy reference. Go ahead and save this link to your home screen, so the next time you’re feeling like you need a little something to kick you back into the holiday spirit, we’ve got you! Without further ado, I present to you:
The Surviving Motherhood Holiday Beverage Guide
Recipes are compiled in two sections, non-alcoholic and alcoholic, to meet whatever needs and wants you may have!
Mom Hack Hot Cocoa
- To make this, simply purchase chocolate milk! Heat it in a pan or in the microwave and top with your favorites. Some topping ideas: whipped cream, mini marshmallows, marshmallow fluff, chocolate chips, peppermint swirl sticks or candy canes!
Mom Hack Hot Apple Cider
- Another simple yet impressive store bought treat. Bust out that crockpot and pour in one gallon of apple cider. Switch crockpot to low, add enough orange slices to cover the top and 3-5 cinnamon sticks! Whether you’re entertaining family or friends, they’ll be sure to love this treat.
Chaos Crew Punch
- Don’t leave the crew hanging while you’re sipping on your Mamasecco this holiday, this one is easy peasy! Combine 2 parts cranberry juice, 2 parts orange juice, 1 part pineapple juice and 1 part gingerale. You can make it by the punch bowl or by the glass and if you want to kick it up a notch, garnish with fresh cranberries (they float!)
Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- There are LOTS of variations of this one, but this is the easiest we’ve seen! In a medium saucepan combine:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- and 2 drops of pink food coloring
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until white chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Prepare the mugs by lining the rims with frosting (pink or blue works great!) and dip into sprinkles. Pour warm hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream, sprinkles, mini marshmallows or lucky charms and a little extra frosting, if desired!
Super Easy Eggnog “Latte“
- Combine 1 cup of strong coffee (we like Permanently Exhausted for this!) with 1 quart of eggnog and heat in a saucepan until warm. Pour into your favorite mug (optional: mix in a bit of chocolate syrup or nutmeg!) top with whipped cream and garnish with nutmeg or chocolate chips!
Mint Chocolate Coffee or Tea
- You know we couldn’t leave this out – our favorite of the season and absolutely delicious any way you enjoy your coffee or tea! We love adding a whipped cream topping and swirl of chocolate syrup for an extra festive boost!
Alcoholic Beverages (21+ only!)
- The signature drink of Mom Life Must Haves! Combine your favorite prosecco with a splash of orange and cranberry juices!
Warm and Fuzzy Hot Cocoa
- Need a kick in the booty to get back in the holiday spirit? Use our Mom Hack Hot Cocoa or make your own and add a splash of peppermint vodka or peppermint schnapps! Top with whipped cream, peppermint pieces and chocolate chips for the perfect treat!
- Rim your glass with lime juice, and dip in red or green holiday sugar. Add one small handful of frozen cranberries to your glass, fill with prosecco or champagne and add a splash of cranberry juice!
Apple Cider Mimosas
- Rim your glass with caramel, dip in cinnamon sugar and fill with 1/2 apple cider, 1/2 champagne. Enjoy!
Bailey’s Cold Brew
- Combine your Cold Brew Crew coffee with a splash of vanilla vodka and Baileys for a delicious treat!
Rumchata Coffee or Cocoa
- Brew your favorite Surviving Motherhood Coffee, chai tea or even hot cocoa and add RumChata to taste.
Thus concludes this year’s holiday beverage guide! We hope you’ve found something you can sip and enjoy in these last few days before Christmas! Is there something else you’d include? What’s your favorite holiday beverage to sip on? We’d love to hear it in the comments below, or come on over to our Facebook community and join the conversation there!