Summer is unofficially here and we’ve been loving the grill lately! Spaghetti squash is one of the only squashes I still love to eat in the summer, and this recipe is perfect for the warm months. This is something you can throw together pretty quickly on a weeknight too!
Spaghetti squash can be cooked one of two ways, if you’re still halving it and roasting it you absolutely have to try this method that I have been using! There are a bunch of tutorials with photos on Pinterest (like this one) but essentially you’re slicing the squash into 3/4 inch circles, drizzling with olive oil, and a few twists of salt and pepper and roasting on 375 until they are tender. This is a game changer. The squash circles cook in about 30 minutes and the noodles are so much longer! You’ll never roast a spaghetti squash the same way again.
Ready to whip up a veggie bowl? Here’s what you need…
- Cooked spaghetti squash (use the method above!)
- 2 cups of chopped veggies (or more depending on how many servings you’re making)
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
Here’s what you do…
- You can cook these foil packs on the grill – or – in the oven. Start by cutting a large sheet of aluminum foil, and transferring your veggies to the middle of it.
- Put 3-4 pats of butter (or a generous drizzle of olive oil) on top of your veggies
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Fold over edges like a christmas gift! I fold the 2 long sides, then the short 2, and leave a little tiny hole in the middle for air to escape.
- If you’re cooking these on the grill, you want to use the top rack if it’s available, and get it on the grill before your meats as it’ll take a good 20 minutes. If you’re cooking them in the oven, cook on 375 for about 20 minutes – I like to open them up at the end and let the broiler crisp them up (totally optional)
- Cooking times will vary based upon how many veggies you use, and your cooking method. Expect to cook at least 20 minutes but up to 30 total.
- Toss with spaghetti squash and more salt and pepper if desired and serve warm! This would be delicious with a little sprinkle of cheese as well. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to pin this to save for later! You can find more of our Pinterest favorites here.