This flavored iced coffee is one I’ve been working on for some time. I really wanted to perfect the flavor and I think I’ve finally done it! If you love thin mint girl scout cookies, or you loved Chobani’s ‘Paddy’s Lucky Batch’ coffee creamer that was available for a short time OR you just love any combo of minty chocolate — this one is for you!
Believe it or not, using French Vanilla coffee is what brought this iced coffee to the right flavor balance! I made it originally with our cold brew, then tried again with an unflavored medium roast and it missed the mark both times. We do have a seasonal Mint Chocolate flavor that I can’t wait to try with this recipe later this year, but the vanilla really adds that creamy flavor so I *highly* suggest using it!
The first step is to gather your additional ingredients. Here’s what I used:
- Torani Creme de Menthe Syrup (Amazon has many options or order direct from Torani.com, they ship very quickly!)
- Torani Cookies & Cream OR Dark Chocolate Sauce (same buying options as above for this – some grocery stores also carry it!)
- Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- Chobani Sweet Cream (I think Vanilla would work here, too!)
- One Oreo cookie or something similar
Now that we have those gathered, I made the creamer first. This makes enough for 3 coffees for me so I stored the remainder of it in the fridge in an airtight jar. To make the creamer we want to combine:
- 1/2 cup sweet cream
- 2 TBS creme de menthe syrup
- 1 TBS of each syrup (both cookies & cream and white chocolate)
Stir well to combine, set aside. Now let’s make the coffee:
- Use a rolling pin to smash up one Oreo in a plastic baggie, or drop it in a blender. You want the end result to be fine cookie crumbs. Pour these crumbs into a glass, you’ll want one with a lid so we can shake it all together. I used our mason jar glass because a traditional mason lid fits on this!
- Add 1/3 of the creamer we made to your glass.
- Fill your glass with ice, and pour the brewed, cooled coffee over the ice.
- Secure the lid, and shake, shake, shake!
Next, grab your coffee glass and fill it with ice. Pour the shaken iced coffee over the ice straining out the cookie crumbs if you want (I left them in mine!) Add more chocolate syrup to the top if desired, and enjoy!
- Use a Thin Mint cookie instead of an Oreo.
- Swap the Creme de Menthe syrup for Vanilla or Chocolate to have traditional cookies and cream flavor.
- Add whipped cream to the top for an extra sweet treat!