It’s What I Love Wednesdayyy! (sing that, obviously).
Drumroll please… I’m excited to start a fun little series here on the blog with some real life mom favs! I’m going to try to stick to a theme each week, but who knows, that may go out the window on week 3. The whole purpose of this series is to share some things that I’ve found, love, and make my life easier, plain and simple.
Motherhood is wild and chaotic, as we all know, and if I can pass on a thing or two that saves me some time or money and it actually benefits even just a few of you – I’m calling it a win! I’m kicking off this series with a fitness edition, because this is what’s going on in my life right now (told you, no sugarcoating.) The reality is being a mom and running a small business is exhausting and there’s always something that has to slide. For me, it was my health and fitness over the last couple of years. I didn’t start fresh on New Years, in fact I didn’t start until just a few weeks ago when I was feeling like crap and a mom friend gave me some encouraging words. So, now that we have that all out in the open, here goes!
What I Love Wednesday: Fitness Edition
- Lose It! App: I realize this may potentially open up a whole can of worms in terms of the “right way” to diet and exercise, but again, I’m sharing these things just to show you what is working for me. I started using this app a few weeks ago to get my portions under control. Sometimes you think you know what you’re doing, or you veer off track a little here and there and all of a sudden you’re driving a whole new car (or body). I really like that so many nutrition facts are at my fingertips and in the last few weeks I’ve been able to better portion my meals and days. Here’s a screenshot from the log portion of my app: It also has a weight, water and step tracker if you choose to use any of those.
- Seven – 7 Minute Workout App: When I decided it was time to get my booty in gear I knew taking the dog for a walk wouldn’t cut it. I love this app because you can choose a plan or just a quick workout, and they’re in 7 minute circuits. I started off with 2 circuits in the lose weight plan every morning. The app gives you a preview and tutorial before starting the workout too, which I thought was nice. There is a 7 day free trial period and after that the subscription is $9.99/month.
- Gaiam Yoga Mat: The workouts I’ve been doing aren’t anything fancy, just some high intensity interval training (HIIT) and they require no equipment. I literally set up my yoga mat in the middle of the play room, prop my phone up and go to town. I have found this to be the best way for me to workout because if I try to wait for the perfect time, it never comes. Also being in the same room (or in eye shot) of the toddler has made things easy. The more I exercise the more he gets used to it. Some days he climbs on me and some days he plays as if I’m not even there. Today he decided to join me on the mat during my cool down stretches:
I love this mat because it’s nice and thick, especially when I am doing yoga or needing to lay on it!
- Hamilton Beach Blender: I have owned every blender, including a vitamix and ninja. This little single serving blender is nothing short of amazing. Fruit smoothies, protein shakes, it blends perfectly every single time. My kids are even on the fruit smoothie train because they’ve got to up and go early in the morning, I love how well this thing blends, and it’s only $15!!
- Surviving Motherhood/Caffeine + Chaos Tumblers: Ok so I have to toot my own horn for a second, haha! Water isn’t always easy to get down and while I love how easy it is to drink from the stainless water bottle, I always come back to our 20oz. plastic tumblers (I’m an ice cold water kinda gal).
So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the first in this series, and I’m excited to bring you some real life mom talk every week. If there’s a category you want me to write up, let me know in the comments below!