Happy New Year! If you haven’t noticed yet, one of the things I want to focus on this year is our community here. It’s because of moms just like you that I do what I do and connecting and building relationships is the most important thing to me. One of the ways I plan to connect with more moms just like you, is to be more consistent here on the blog. That means more recipes, activities, free digital downloads, gift ideas and appearances by some of our favorite guest bloggers! Without further ado, here’s our first recipe of 2018 – a super easy chili recipe that you can set and forget in your instant pot (or crock pot). Enjoy!
Side note: my plan is to not overload these recipe posts with photos, because if you’re anything like me you’re not looking for perfect photos, you’re looking for the dang ingredients and instructions! You can find photos at the bottom of the post, along with a nice big image for you to pin to your recipe board!
Here’s what you need…
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 16 oz black beans, rinsed + drained. (I used canned)
- 16 oz kidney beans, rinsed + drained.
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 3 – 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with mild chilies (do not drain)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 packet chili seasoning (This McCormick packet is my fav)
- 1 – 1.5lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Optional toppings: cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips!
Here’s what you do…
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings) in Instant Pot and mix well.
- Press “chili” button and adjust to 15 minutes.
- Let your instant pot vent naturally for an additional 10-15 minutes once cooking has finished, then quick release.
- Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Serve with one (or more) of the toppings above!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can still cook this! To use your crock pot, follow instructions above but instead of combining all ingredients, leave the chicken out. Combine all other ingredients, layer chicken on top and cook on low for 8 hours.