Hey busy momma, this ones for you!
I don’t think there is a moment when we, as moms, aren’t busy doing something for our littles. Too often we let our own needs slide while taking care of these little beans which is why I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite, super quick + easy snacks for those moments when you’re famished but not quite able to prep yourself a nice big meal! We all have our own definition of healthy, and these fall under that umbrella in my house (I mean, they aren’t Oreos so…).
In all seriousness, these are easy and make for a great grab and go snack. They were a favorite snack of mine while nursing for that exact reason. I like to prep these at the beginning of the week and keep them in my fridge for easy munching while I’m working.
Ready for the recipe?
Here’s what you need…
- 1 1/2 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mix ins of your choice (mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, shredded coconut or any combo of those and more!)
- Optional: I have also reduced the oats to 1 cup, and used 1/2 cup ground flaxseed!
Here’s what you do…
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl, heat for 10-15 seconds and stir until well combined.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Add oats and mix-ins, stir until evenly combined.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, enjoy!
You can make this recipe your own, so easily! Sub out peanut butter for almond butter, and change up the mix-ins to keep it fun and fresh each week. These really make a great grab and go snack that won’t give you a sugar-crash.
Don’t forget to enjoy it with your beverage of choice, in your favorite mug of course!
Pin the image below for later so you can refer back to the recipe anytime! And you can follow us on Pinterest for more real mom recipes, fashion and fun!