Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Well, it’s actually tomorrow – but I wanted to share this before his birthday so you could put your own lunchbox together if you like! I was filling out our lunch menu planner and was reminded (that I totally forgot) the boys had a week long celebration in school this week, complete with spirit days and all! So I ran to the store this morning and got a few things I was missing to assemble this bento box. I had a few ideas and plans in my head, and got some inspiration from Pinterest (of course!)
Here’s what I ended up with:
Can you recognize everything?
- Green eggs (hershey eggs, hooray for early Easter candy!)
- Ham (with lettuce inside because let’s admit this lunch is not exactly veggie loaded!)
- Cat in the Hat hat (assembled with strawberries and banana slices!)
- Three cheese trees (do you know what story this is from!?)
- Last but not least, I tried my hand at these Oh, The Places You Will Go rainbow pinwheels. They aren’t the best, but cookies aren’t really my thing, and I don’t think the boys will mind as long as they’re delicious. 😉
So there you have it. Pretty easy! Well, except the spiral cookies, those were kind of a pain. But honestly they didn’t take that much time, and if I can do it with a screaming toddler – you can tooootally do it!
If you’re looking for some Seuss themed breakfast ideas – check out our Cat in the Hat pancakes!