Hey, hey – who loves stress away?!
*every mom on the planet raises their hand*
I’m so excited to put together a little DIY post for you today with one of my favorite essential oils – you guessed it – stress away! I’m going to try and keep these posts short and sweet and to the point, but first a quick run down on what even is stress away?! This oil comes in the YL premium starter kit, and is a blend of:
The name really says it all! Stress away promotes relaxation + a calming environment. It can be used topically or diffused alone or with other a blend of other oils. It has a sweet, citrus + tropical aroma that makes it so easy to fall in love with!
Before I go any further, I want to make a point to tell you I am always available to answer your questions and respond to your comments – regardless if you’ve purchased from me or not – please feel free to hit me up on Instagram here or request to join my Facebook group here! Those two places are where I post the bulk of my essential oil content and I’d love to connect with you there!
Let’s get to the DIY and I’ll share more about my love for all things Young Living after that!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- stress away
- silicone mini muffin tray or ice cube tray that is oven proof!
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, measure out 2 cups of baking soda
- Fill a measuring cup with 1/2 cup of water and add 12-20 drops of stress away
- Add water to baking soda and stir to combine
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tins
- OPTIONAL: you may want to add additional oil before baking. At this point, you can add 1-3 drops of oil to each mini muffin to ensure they’ve all got the potent power of stress away!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and set muffin tray on a wire rack to cool completely. Shower melts will continue to dehydrate and harden as they cool – removing too early will cause them to break or crumble.
- Once cooled, store in a glass jar away from moisture (bathroom closet works!)
Here’s how to use them:
Place one shower melt about 6-12 inches away from your feet (opposite the shower head), as the water hits it it will slowly melt/dissolve and fill the bathroom with the lovely aromatic smell of stress away! Please note: placing it directly under water will cause it to dissolve faster, so adjust it’s position as needed for a gradual melt!
After the first use, you’ll have a better idea how potent the smell is based on how many drops you added. You can always add a few drops of stress away to your next shower melt if you’d like a stronger scent!
Why Young Living and not essential oils from Target or Amazon?
I fell in love with Young Living, their seed to seal guarantee and the quality of their products almost immediately. Their oils are just that, oils, there are no fillers, carrier oils or synthetic fragrances. They are the purest and most potent essential oils I’ve ever used and have recommended them to friends time and time again! If you’re considering grabbing a starter kit to try them for yourself, please shoot me a DM on Instagram and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!