Guest blog by MLMH team member Katrina
Is there anything more annoying than having to come up with what’s for dinner every.single.day? Let us help you with these quick and easy recipes for an appetizer, dinner, and desserts.
Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound small or medium red potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Chop them into 1-inch pieces, keeping the chunks roughly the same size even if they aren’t the exact same shape. Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Season the water with 2 teaspoons of salt. Once the water begins to boil, cook the potatoes until just fork tender, 3 to 4 minutes. You want the potatoes to be almost, but not fully, cooked through so they won’t fall apart during the next steps.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add the rosemary, olive oil, remaining salt, and a few grinds of pepper, and toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cut the strips of bacon into thirds. Wrap each potato bite in a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil spaced an inch or two apart. You may need to cook the potatoes in two batches.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, then flip each piece. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and as crisp as you like it.
- Mix the sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pile the potato bites on a plate and serve alongside the dip.
Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- Chicken breast- Try to use thin chicken breast, or cut them in half (butterfly) or pound them out. Thin chicken breasts will cook more quickly and evenly, as well as, stay more tender!
- Cream cheese- Make sure it is softened so everything will combine well.
- Colby Jack
- Bacon- You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer, or buy precooked bacon.
- Green Onions
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, bacon crumbles, green onion and half of the cheddar cheese together until combined.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and spread the cheese mixture over the chicken. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature)
- Garnish with additional bacon and green onions and serve hot!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together the chocolate, salt, and espresso powder (if using) in a medium bowl.
- Heat milk until steaming and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir until combined and smooth. Allow to cool fully.
- In another medium bowl, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes. Gently fold into the cooled melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into 4 (4 ounce) ramekins or small tumbler glasses. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Dollop with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
We hope we have made at least one dinner night easier for you, mama.
More FAQs? Shoot Gina a text or join the community! You can text her at 774-425-7282 and click here to join our community on Facebook!