What I Love Wednesday is baaaack! I got some great feedback from you guys on last week’s post and I’m so happy you’re loving this new series. This week I’m focusing on a few of my beauty favs. However, you must know that I am not super into makeup. On any normal day I throw on some concealer, mascara and lip gloss and run out the door. The products I’m sharing this week have definitely made my life easier, so I hope you’ll find something you love too! Let’s get this show on the road…
- Revlon Hair Dryer + Volumizer. GUYS. Let me give you a little background. I haven’t owned a blow dryer since we bought our house 9 years ago (next month). I have never been good with a blow dryer and my hair literally turned into a frizz ball. For the last 9 years I’ve been letting my hair air dry over night and flat ironing or curling it the next day (or just wearing it in a bun until the next wash haha). I saw this hair tool on Instagram after a few of my favorite bloggers featured it and swore by it. My hair is super thick and pretty long and the before and afters were blowing my mind, so I bought it. I can’t even tell you how obsessed I am! I wish I had this thing 9 years ago, it drys super fast, helps with volume (which I have issues with since I’ve grown my hair longer), and it’s easy to use. I typically plug in both the dryer and my flat iron, section my hair and dry it first. Once one section is dry I run the flat iron over it to smooth the ends and any fly aways. This thing is PURE. GOLD. I swear.
- Ion Crystal Clarifying Treatment. While we’re on the subject of hair, this little packet has been my secret weapon for about 9 months. I first grabbed one at Sally’s over the summer and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I started telling everyone about it. If you’ve got hard water or well water, you need this stuff, especially if you’ve got colored hair. I use this every 4-8 weeks to remove any buildup and it helps SO MUCH with the volume issue I mentioned above. It also takes out any brassy/orangey tones that I get from our well water. They can get pretty pricey on Amazon, I think I paid 2/$5 at Sally’s last time I got them? Not totally sure, but worth every penny.
- Rimmel Provocalips. I know LipSense is all the rage these days but 1. I have a lip gloss obsession and 2. I lose them constantly. I can’t afford to be losing tubes of $20+ lip gloss on the daily, enter: Provocalips. I stumbled on this by accident when it was on clearance for $1.74 at Target and it works the exact same way as LipSense, except it comes with the gloss. The color doesn’t wear off and it’s cheap enough you can buy a bunch to try (usually about $6 at Target, CVS, etc). I also love the Victoria’s Secret lip stain, (pictured) but it doesn’t stay on the way provocalips does.
- NYX Doll Eye Mascara. Full disclosure, I’m a Younique mascara girl. A customer-turned-friend got me hooked on the fiber lashe mascara and while I love iy, I don’t use it daily. I like to save my “good” mascara for days I go out more than a quick errand. It also takes a little longer to apply, and I don’t always have the time. Which means I need a good cheapie to keep for those in between days! I have tried probably every single mascara on the market, I’m kind of a snob when it comes to this stuff. I swear I get just as many compliments on my lashes when I wear NYX as I do when I use the fiber lash mascara!
- Aveeno Calming Makeup Wipes. I wash my face every night, it’s not something I really ever skip (but used to, all. the. time). I really despise washing mascara off my face because it just gets in the way! I originally bought these wipes to take off my mascara before washing (which I do use them for) but they’ve also come in super handy for a quick post-workout wipe down. I love the scent and they really work great.
As always, thanks for hanging out with me today! I’d love to know if there’s something you want to see next in these weekly Wednesday posts. Chime in in the comments below, and be sure to pin this for later!